Do you want to create database-driven sites but don’t need the overhead of a traditional relational database? At ServerBeach, we’re big fans of companies who are moving technology forward. That’s why we’re proud to be the first hosting company to offer custom-configured MongoDB dedicated servers.
“MongoDB is designed for problems without heavy transactional requirements that aren’t easily solved by traditional RDBMSs, including problems which require the database to span many servers.” – Wikipedia
MongoDB (from “humongous”) is a scalable, high-performance, open source, dynamic-schema, document-oriented database. Rather than traditional RDBMS, MongoDB uses a JSON-like data schema, providing document-oriented storage that is easy to code to. By removing the more esoteric features of RDBMS, you gain performance without sacrificing scalability and flexibility.
• Document-oriented storage (the power and flexibility of JSON-like data schemas)
• Dynamic queries
• Full index support, including secondary indexes, inner-objects, embedded arrays, geospatial
• Query profiling
• Fast, in-place updates
• Efficient storage of binary data large objects (e.g. photos and videos)
• Replication and fail-over support
• Auto-sharding for cloud-level scalability
• MapReduce for complex aggregation
MongoDB 1.4.0 (64-bit) is available on the following OSes:
• CentOS 5 64-bit
• Debian Lenny 64-bit
• RedHat EL 5 64-bit
• Windows 2003 64-bit (LOE)
• Windows 2008 64-bit (LOE)
To get a MongoDB dedicated server today – select your server of choice in our shopping cart and choose MongoDB when you get to the database portion of the shopping cart.