According to a “Sanity Check” article on TechRepublic this morning, the dependence of business on technology will continue to accelerate 2008, but not all of the trends are happy ones. They’ve created a list of which tech trends to keep an eye on during 2008 and how they will impact business and IT — for better and for worse.
1. Enterprise IT budgets will shrink in the U.S.
2. Utility computing will start a new wave of IT outsourcing
3. Mobile Internet will change the way people work
4. Green IT will gain legal momentum
5. Unified communications will unlock the business value of VoIP
6. Businesses will continue to avoid Windows Vista
7. WAN caching will save bandwidth and speed up remote users
8. Demand will grow for alternative form factor computers
Filed under: Applications, Co-location, Hosting, IT Security, Linux, Marketing, Programming, SaaS, SEO, Video | Tagged: business, Data Center, Data Management, DC, directing, Environment, Hardware, Information Technology, Internet, IT, IT Security, Jason Hiner, Mobile, Network, Network Technology, News, PEER 1, PHP, Product Management, SaaS, Sales, Self-managed hosting, SEO, social networking, Storage, Strategy, Technology, Unmanaged hosting, WANs, web 2.0, Web hosting, Windows |